Sunday, May 8, 2011

These little treats

I was searching my books and discovered this book I forgot I had. The Original Gourmet Doggie Treat Cook Book and with a new dog who is learning to behave with treats, I got to the kitchen and baked!

The Basic Bone Recipe is very simple….(this recipe was found online)

Spring 2011 049

4 cups Flour ( I used Whole Wheat)

1 cup Oatmeal (regular or quick cooking)

1/3 cup of oil (or meat drippings)

4 Bouillon cubes

1 1/2 cups of hot water

dissolve the bouillon in the water. Then mix all ingredients. Roll 1/2 thick and cut with a dog themed cookie cutter. Bake at 300 for 25 minutes.

Then I made Peanut Butter Biscuits and Cheese Sticks both recipes can be found in The Original Gourmet Doggie Treat Cook Book.

Spring 2011 052

Each Recipe made about 2 dozen dog treats, so I bagged them up and a few furry friends will get them!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...