Thursday, December 1, 2011

Create a cookie cutter- Product review

This post is long over due. For my son’s 6th birthday we hosted a bowling party for him and his friends. I ran into a little dilemma…I waited until 3 days before his event to make the cookies. I knew I was in need of a bowling pin cookie cutter and figured, I’d have no issue finding one at the local cake shop. WOW, was I wrong. We have about 5 “local” shops and no one carried a silly little bowling pin. And because I had to make about 5 dozen cookies, a cardboard temple was out of the question.  So I was convinced to to purchase this, Make your own cookie cutter kit. I was a bit skeptical but the other choice was hand cutting  120 cookies.

So I gathered my supplies and read the directions over and over!

9-30-2011 (39)

*I printed a bowling pin from the computer.

 

 9-30-2011 (41)

First step, seems simple enough. You use a piece of tread to trace image. This is your guide for cutting the metal. The metal can be cut with standard scissors.

9-30-2011 (45)

Next using the tools on the left side of picture you shape the image. This did take some time but I wanted it perfect.

9-30-2011 (42)

After you have the image shaped, I used clamps to make the sticky tape adhere with a tight grip.  At this point you can allow it to sit for a few days or place in oven, I let it sit for a few hours then removed the clamp and placed in oven.

Once the cutter has cooled can start to cut the cookies.10-3-2011 (1)

I was very pleased with the results, and the simplicity of the project. I am curious to try again, the kit comes with plenty of extra metal and adhesive tape.

060

This product is HAPPY CAKE LADY APPROVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...