Friday, September 30, 2011

Reynolds Product Review

Hey there Happy Cake Lady Fans!!!!

I have a product review for you. I was shopping in my local Target and came across Reynolds® Baked for You™ baking cups.

Fall 2011 010

They claim, they stay bright, meaning the color of the cups don’t fade with baking. Like these did.

Fall 2010 002 (2)

They also claim that you can place the cups right on a cookie sheet with no need for a muffin pan. But will they bake even? Now if you have ever tried this with standard baking cups, you know this doesn’t work, the cups spread out and you get a triangle looking cupcake.

So I whipped up some batter of cherry chip cake and put these to the test. I made sure to over fill the cups just a little to see if that would make a difference. Notice they are placed on a cookie sheet, not in a muffin pan.

Fall 2011 020

Bake at 350 and…..

Fall 2011 022

Here they are fresh out of oven…. Most cups came out round and perfect, I did have a few that were not perfectly round.

Fall 2011 024

and for the true test…. Did they keep their color?

Fall 2011 035

They sure did! Just as bright as they were before they baked in oven!

I would MOST defiantly use these again, but I would stick with my muffin pans. I bake for a living and can’t risk any of my cupcakes being not perfectly round!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...