Monday, April 2, 2012

Suave Keratin Treatment

 

087

First let’s start with the disclaimer: I was NOT paid for this review, I was not provided products for this review, I paid with my own money. Even if I was paid or product was given to me, you’d still get a honest review. On the side of the box is a “is this product right for me” read it and make sure it is!

Second: I did lose what seemed like a large amount of hair while applying this product. However given that I was brushing my wet hair for almost 20 mins, I guess it could be normal. Another thought is I have heard a few people complain that it thinned their hair out and they lost hair with Keratin treatments. The product is designed to cut curl and frizz, therefore it leaves you with much smoother thinner hair. In my first round of Keratin treatment I was left with, what some might say thinner hair. I would say smoother, sleeker hair. I am not a professional Hair dresser but I do have 1300 hours of hair school under my belt so I do know a thing or two about hair! Why I did didn’t finish those last 200 hours is another blog post for a raining sad day!

To see before pictures, and for a full comparison of this product and the salon version please read my Salon version review. Smooth as Ice and Smooth as Ice part two

Here is my hair air dried, this picture was taken some time ago but I can assure you this is my normal hair the day I applied this product.

hair before natural_thumb

BTW- sorry about the over load of my fat face! Smile with tongue out 

 

Here is a recent picture of my hair blow dried.

Christmas 3 (24)copy

 

So I read the directions several times. I didn’t want to miss a thing or make a mistake, as much as I joke I’m going to shave my hair. It’s not really something I want! The entire process from start to finish took about an hour and a half. I do say it would have been much more enjoyable had I had a friend help me apply the product, but I was excited to try it and couldn’t wait for the extra set of hands.

After my hour and a half process this is what I looked like.

GE DIGITAL CAMERA

My hair was very smooth and straight. Part of the process is adding heat to your hair. You HAVE to blow dry and or flat iron it to seal in the keratin or you just wasted time and money.

Next you can’t wash or pull your hair back for 48-72 hours… This is not fun and the worst part for me.

Day one (24 hours after treatment)

009

My hair was still very straight and soft.

Day two (48 hours after treatment)

No picture, sorry I’m not a fan of pictures of myself!

Day three (about 64 hours after treatment, 3 nights of sleeping on hair)

006

Washing my hair…………

Air drying my hair……….

Results of air dried hair.

016

I have too say I was impressed.  The results were very similar to the salon Keratin treatment. But….. YEP we have a but. It was short lived. It has been over a week and I find that my hair is stringy and not as soft as it was before this treatment. If I blow dry it it does stay straight though out the day and night, but again it feels not as soft, the other think is the treatment strips your color, so as of today I have multi tone hair, my roots are part black and grey, the rest is copper color. Which on some people that works, but for me I like my hair dark! I also found that my Jewish side curls haven’t gone anywhere. I still have them and this treatment did nothing for them or the kinks on my front hair line.

So my final results are LET THE PROFESSINALS in a salon do the real Keratin treatment. It last much longer and makes your hair as smooth as silk.

 

I am giving this product 3 out 5 Lilacs. I ranked it a little higher because the cost was only $50, for the Treatment, special shampoo, dry shampoo, conditioner and styling products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...